Alternative Education (AE)Tutor
Advertiser: Mount Albert Grammar SchoolMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Nov 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Tutoring
Alternative Education Tutor
A New Role has become available for an Alternative Education (AE) Tutor at one of the AE Campuses.
This person is responsible in tutoring a number of students (ratio 1:10 and aged between 13 – 16 years old) using Project Based Learning as the delivery tool for students who have struggled to engage in learning due to a range of needs or, behaviours.
- Teaching or, youth mentoring and or, experience in vocational delivery
- Willingness to work with youth from a wide range of needs or behaviour
- Will participate and strengthen cultural practices that supports students to identify, connect to language and culture particularly for Māori and Pasifika students
- The ability to successfully communicate in writing and verbally, especially with young people
- Be able to connect to whānau and families to engage them in their child’s education
- Organised with administration and record-keeping skills
- Have a full licence
- Can show initiative and willingness to adapt and respond quickly
Salary paid according to the Support Staff in Schools Collective Agreement and is dependent on qualification and experience. The base scale is in the range:
NB: Employment Contract is aligned to the MoE Alternative Education Agreement for 2019-2020.
Applications close at 4.00 pm on Friday 22 November 2019.