Kaiwhakahaere Kaupapa (Project Coordinator)
Advertiser: SVS ConsultingMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Nov 2019
- Hawkes Bay, Napier
- Work Type
- Consulting & Strategy, Other
Maungaharuru-Tangitū Trust (MTT) represents hapū of the northern Hawke’s Bay region including Ngāi Tauira, Ngāi Tahu, Ngāi Te Ruruku ki Tangoio, Ngāti Whakaari, Ngāti Kurumōkihi and Ngāti Marangatūhetaua (Hapū). MTT is a Treaty of Waitangi Post Settlement Governance Entity (PSGE) and the primary purpose is to receive, hold, manage and administer the assets of the trust for any object or purpose that is beneficial to the members of the Hapū.
The key purpose of this 12 month fixed term role is to support the successful delivery of initiatives of MTT through the provision of project coordination and administration duties. This role is also responsible for providing project, logistical and general coordination support with the Kaiwhakahaere Matua (General Manager / GM). This relates to the focus area of the Trust: Kia rīrā te Pā kai ngā rekereke – Strong Culture, Reo & Marae, Building a proud, vibrant & modern Marae.
This newly created role would suit an experienced Project Coordinator who is comfortable working to deadlines and pressure, managing internal and external relationships whilst reading and interpreting complex technical reports.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Well-developed project coordination skills with a practical approach and administrative support experience in maintaining project plans.
- A proven track record as a Project Coordinator within a reasonably sized and complex business.
- Project Coordination skills, including Project Management tools (Gantt Charts, Risk Matrix, Budgets etc).
- Has knowledge of research and funding environments.
- Experience in producing reports, status updates and other project outputs.
- Ability to read, interpret & critique documentation, advice and information from project consultants, experts, advisors and subcontractor’s etc.
- Attention to detail and ability to analyse complex technical advice, maps, pictures, diagrams, plans and detailed drawings.
- Ability to work autonomously and with initiative.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, with a proactive a can-do attitude and proactive work ethic
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Sound understanding of Tikanga Māori and some proficiency in Te Reo Māori is an advantage.
The role is based in Napier, where some evening and weekend work will be required, including some regular schedule evening hui. Applicants must have verifiable work rights and eligibility to work in New Zealand. Applications close: 9am, Monday 25th November 2019. For more detailed information and to apply, please ring Michelle de Beer on 021 798882 or for a position description please access our website www.tangoio.maori.nz/panui/. Applications, accompanied by a cover letter & current CV, are to be emailed to ShauniC@svs.co.nz