Advertiser: AGPRO NZ LTDMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 4 Nov 2019
- Auckland, Manukau & East Auckland
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Laboratory & Technical Services
Lab Technician Role
AGPRO Direct is one of New Zealand's leading suppliers of Timber Treatments and Plant Protection Products to local forestry, agriculture, horticultural markets.
Due to business growth we are seeking an enthusiastic Laboratory Technician to assist with the safe and effective operation of our QC laboratory.
We require a permanent full-time Laboratory Technician to join our team based in East Tamaki, Auckland.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, this role has considerable scope for career development and growth. Science graduates or near graduates with minimal lab experience are welcomed to apply as full training will be provided on the job.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, Primary activities include
QC analysis of production batches
Basic sample preparation
Documenting sample data
Carry out experiments under the supervision of the Technical Manager
Facilitating the day to day operations
Maintaining the laboratory and equipment
Skills and Experience Required:
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of chemistry and common analysis techniques (ideally)
- Familiarity with Quality Control testing in a laboratory (ideally)
- Chromatography (HPLC & GC) experience not necessary but highly regarded
- Reliable personal transportation
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Capacity to be taught and retain new skills and knowledge
- Good interpersonal skills
- Personal efficiency and time management skills
This position will suit someone who has a good eye for detail, strong work ethic and attention to health and safety. The job offers pathways for someone looking to further their career in chemistry, manufacturing, and laboratories and gain new skills on the job.
What We Offer:
- Down to earth approachable management
- On-going training and development
- An opportunity to join a leading New Zealand supplier that is passionate about creating and maintaining a safe workplace
- Leading and working alongside a team of like-minded individuals
Be part of our success story and APPLY NOW!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?