Advertiser: Sounds AirMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 4 Nov 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Airlines
About Sounds Air
Sounds Air is a locally owned and operated airline based out of Blenheim & Wellington. We are a growing company, with a fleet of four twelve-seat Cessna 208 Caravans and six nine-seat Pilatus PC-12 aircraft. Sounds Air links the North and South Islands between Wellington, Picton, Blenheim, Nelson, Paraparaumu, Westport, Taupo, Christchurch and Napier.
Sounds Air prides itself on having excellent customer service and a friendly, supportive working environment.
The role is based in Wellington Airport with an immediate start, we require:
- One part-time staff member for a minimum of 20 hours per week.
This position has the potential to pick up shifts as desired & available. The shifts will consist of mornings or afternoons/evenings Friday to Sunday.
Role responsibilities include:
- Providing exceptional customer service to all our passengers.
- Check-in of passengers and baggage in a confident and friendly manor.
- Aiding passengers in making bookings, rescheduling flights, and resolving any travel issues.
- Loading and unloading baggage into aircraft.
- Supervising and assisting passengers to and from the aircraft.
- Maintaining the cleanliness and general tidiness of aircraft
- Completing various admin tasks at the start and end of each day.
- Assisting Pilots and other Ground Crew members in getting the planes away safely and on-time, especially in adverse weather conditions.
- Maintaining company safety and security procedures.
Customer service experience is essential.
This job can get very busy, and requires people who can think on their feet. You may at times be the only Ground Crew member in the office and therefore need to be reliable, punctual, motivated and able to take initiative.
The positions are shift work, on a flexible roster. You will need to be available for work on weekdays, weekends, public holidays and have a high degree of flexibility.
You must be able to work well alone, as part of a team and be able to interact well with a diverse range of people.
After 6 months of employment at Sounds Air you will qualify for a generous staff travel privilege.
If you are looking for a new challenge and have fabulous customer service skills this could be the position for you!
Please include a cover letter with your application, stating which position (if not all) interests you.
We look forward to hearing from you!