Advertiser: Bethlehem Baptist ChurchMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 4 Nov 2019
- Bay of Plenty, Tauranga
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
Bethlehem Baptist Youth (BBY), the college-age youth community at Bethlehem Baptist Church, is a vibrant programme with exciting activities and a focus on Jesus. Around 150 of our youth meet regularly every Wednesday night and participate in loads of social events throughout the year. A Youth Pastor and Assistant Youth Pastor lead a large team of volunteers providing teaching, small group discipleship, events and camps, opportunities for worship, musician development, and internships.
The Youth Administrator will work in a team of 3 staff members and dozens of volunteers to provide administration and support for the BBY ministry. If you have a passion for youth, are administratively gifted, are tech savvy, are creative and love to collaborate, then keep reading for more details.
- Someone with a strong desire for youth to know Jesus personally
- Able to accomplish administrative duties with excellence and an ability to quickly learn on the job
- A team player and able to execute a vision by breaking it down into a roadmap to be followed by a team
- Someone who can direct the day-to-day work efforts, review resources needed and anticipate needs along the way
- Skilled in organising dozens of volunteers with role descriptions, resources and run sheets
- In love with the details of events for youth, events such as weekly gatherings, worship and prayer nights, social events and camps.
- Driven to maintain accurate records in a people database for people’s personal data, service, small groups, life stages, baptism status, etc.
- Passionate about good, clear communication with youth and their parents through social media and live channels
- Meet the administration needs of BBY and check that it meets the vision and goals for the ministry
- Master our people database system and ensure that all youth records are up-to-date and secure
- Foster an environment where volunteers are attracted, recruited, equipped and unleashed to reach their potential – primarily through rostering and communication
- Establish processes and systems that enable a framework for the team to succeed
- Plan strategically in order to release the youth department to do what they do best
- Work alongside our volunteers showing great people skills in helping them achieve the best that they can be
- Help update and maintain the social media presence and relevance for BBY
- Be a model for those who attend Bethlehem Baptist Church by being an example of personal integrity, discipleship, and evangelism
- Approach Health & Safety issues with due diligence, documenting, communication and managing identified hazards & risks
The cherry on top:
- You ebb and flow between administrative tasks and hanging out with youth seamlessly
- Strategic Thinking and Execution are both in your top strengths
- You have years of prior experience working in an administrative role
If this position sounds like a fit for you, and you have the right to live and work in New Zealand, please apply with a cover letter and CV
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as an administration officer?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Do you have experience working with children?