IT Support Engineer
Advertiser: Nimble IT LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Nov 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
We are looking for a self-motivated, experienced technical person to join our IT Managed Services company. You will work predominantly from your own home office, attending onsite staff meetings and commuting to client sites weekly (within Auckland).
This is a busy role with a variety of workstation and server issues that would suit someone with the ability to work methodically and effectively demonstrate good problem solving, written and verbal skills. You will also need to have at least 4-5 years of previous IT experience supporting the SMB market or within a large organisation. An IT Diploma, Microsoft certification or similar would be preferable.
A bit about us. We are an experienced team based in Auckland with a good culture, spending our time assisting some of New Zealand’s nicest people. We support from 5 – 200+ users within a range of businesses from community centers to accountancy companies. You will join us in providing a responsive, friendly service, ensuring our clients systems are operational and performing well and maintaining excellent client relationships. You will be a valued part of our small team and we look forward to your contributions. We also encourage a good work life balance; enjoying both life and the IT industry and the challenges it brings.
Ideally you will have the following technical skills and experience ….
- User Support (remote/phone/onsite)
- Desktops, laptops, thin clients: supporting both software and hardware
- Software including Windows Desktop OS, Office and Cloud (Office 365, SharePoint)
- Software such as backups, anti-virus, spam filters
- Hardware including Firewalls (Fortinet), routers and switches
- Windows Server and Virtualisation (Hyper-V)
- Administration, troubleshooting
- Remote Desktop Services, Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server
- Active Directory,Group Policy, DHCP and DNS
- Installation of new hardware and software (ranging from desktops to servers)
But more importantly you will be ….
- A self-starter with good work ethic
- Analytical with good problem-solving skills
- Presentable and professional with a positive attitude
- Able to follow instructions and document procedures
- Able to cope when occasionally things become a little chaotic
- A good communicator and the ability to be kind to those non-technical folk
How to Apply
Please present a cover letter along with your CV today by clicking the 'APPLY' button. Applicants for this position must have NZ residency/citizenship and at least 4 years IT experience in the SMB market.
We look forward to hearing from you!