Level 2 Support Technician
Advertiser: Mercury ITMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Nov 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
Mercury IT is an ICT services organisation located in Auckland, Wellington and Melbourne. We have been providing ICT solutions to businesses for over 25 years. Our services include consulting, private and public cloud solutions, support via our managed services agreements and full ISP services (VoIP and internet) via our own core ISP network.
Our mission is to deliver exceptional service and technology solutions to our clients and be their trusted partner for anything technology related. Whilst providing this level of service to our clients, we also aim to create a fun team culture and enjoyable working environment for all our staff.
We partner with many of the leading technology suppliers and us such provide our staff with access to new products along with training opportunities to help develop your career.
Currently we are actively seeking the appointment of a new level 2 support engineer to be based within our central Wellington office.
To be the ideal candidate, you should have more than 5 year's professional IT support experience, preferably within a NZ based IT managed service provider. You will already have a broad knowledge and practical experience in desktop, server and Microsoft infrastructure technology. Communications and customer service is key to the role and we expect the highest levels of personal presentation, customer service and English language from the successful candidate. This role will require both remote and onsite work so you will need to be able to demonstrate your previous experience in these situations. An open-minded and outgoing personality would be a good fit for our organization.
The key competencies we are looking for include:
- Enthusiasm, confidence, initiative, and a passion for the IT industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Have at least five years previous experience in the IT industry
- Proven experience supporting Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems and Windows-based applications is essential
- A good demonstrable working knowledge of Windows based server operating systems, Windows 2012 - 2019
- A proven track record of Microsoft server administration
- Office 365 experience administration experience including Teams, Email and SharePoint
Any demonstrable competency or experience in the following skills would be seen as advantageous:
- Microsoft or other industry qualifications
- Good knowledge of backup solutions, preferably ShadowProtect
- Understanding of networking and firewalls, preference to Sonicwall firewalls
- VMware and/or Hyper-V experience
- Experience with Kaseya, scripting and automation and Connectwise systems
If you feel that this challenge is for you, then please detail within your cover letter what makes you the ideal person for this role and attach your CV and send to:
Note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, have a valid work visa and be available for face to face interviews in Wellington.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for providing level 2 technical support?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)
- Have you completed a qualification in ICT?