Advertiser: Andritz Hydro GmbHMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Nov 2019
- Canterbury, Timaru & South Canterbury
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Labourers
Andritz Hydro is a global supplier of electro-mechanical systems and services for hydropower plants and one of the leaders in the world market for hydraulic power generation. Andritz operate worldwide on over 280 sites.
Andritz Hydro is looking for trades assistants to work on one of their retrofit/refurbishment projects near Tekapo.
This exciting opportunity is a fixed-term role starting January 2020, for approximately 13 months, with the potential for extension.
The role involves assisting trades staff to undertake the wide range activities required to unpack, clean and check, disassemble and reassemble mechanical and electrical equipment. Applicants should have experience in working in mechanical industries.
- Following instructions accurately.
- Active participation in safety to make the site a safe place to work.
- Keeping the work place clean and tidy.
- Looking after and maintaining tools and storing them in their correct place.
- Certifications in Working at Heights, Confined Spaces, Cranes and Forklifts would be an advantage.
The role will be working 50hrs per week Mon-Sat, with the potential for overtime.
Apply now online with CV and cover letter.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa and a current NZ driving license.
Applications will close on 17th November 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a trades assistant?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?