Advertiser: Woodward ChrispMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Nov 2019
- Gisborne, Gisborne
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Criminal & Civil Law
No traffic jams, just a walk, ride or drive to work in a beautiful climate.
Woodward Chrisp is a well established firm of 40 working in spacious offices, with modern technology and excellent support staff. While we value hard work we also make sure all staff have time to enjoy the relaxed Gisborne lifestyle with its sun, surf and social life in the heart of our wine country. The position and environment are ideally suited to a person who appreciates all that living in a small city has to offer.
We are seeking 2 approved PAL 1 or higher criminal legal aid providers. Duty Solicitor qualifications are also desirable. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Recent graduates who have completed their professionals may be considered.
In addition to criminal legal aid work you will also have the opportunity to work on civil litigation, commercial, and family law matters if you are interested in these aspects of the law.
What we expect from the ideal candidate
- A friendly enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to get on with a wide range of people
- Ability to work independently
- A desire to develop skills in criminal law
- A sense of humour
What we offer
- A team of friendly people
- Emphasis on work life balance
- Ongoing training
- Great mentoring
- A variety of work
This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to move to Gisborne to experience the lifestyle on offer.
All applications must include a Covering Letter, CV and University Academic Transcripts.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a solicitor?
- How many years' experience do you have in criminal & civil law?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?