Advertiser: Springboard Community WorksMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 1 Nov 2019
- Auckland, Rodney & North Shore
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
We are looking for an amazing individual to deliver our Go 180 programme. This programme is aimed at supporting young people aged 12-18 who are negotiating the youth justice system or those who are identified in our community as at risk of entering into that system.
Our team are dedicated to assisting young people set their goals and work to help them become a reality within the context of our Ministry of Social Development contract. Our team provide practical support that encourages young people to reach different milestones. The nature of the role requires empathy, excellent relational skills, an ability to call young people forward, equip and empower them to find success in their own ways.
The successful applicant will be a team player, who can demonstrate initiative, leadership and is reliable. The Springboard team is dynamic and full of passionate people who are dedicated to seeing the best outcomes for our young people. You will need to be able to uphold the values of our organisation, understand the principles that we operate by and work within these.
Springboard is a faith-based charity in Snells Beach that was established in 2002. We exist so that every young person and their family has someone in their corner. Springboard provides wrap around support services for young people who need a little extra help along the way.
A full New Zealand driver’s license is essential in this role and you must be currently living in New Zealand. Experience in working with youth is helpful but not crucial for the right candidate.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Attend and outwork plans as agreed through the Family Group Conference (FGC) process.
- Work within the community alongside families, schools and the local police etc to support and mentor identified young people.
- Develop and execute positive service plans, monitor outcomes and report.
- Working with the wider Springboard team to ensure the needs of our young people are being met.
- Uphold the values of Springboard while working with young people and in the community.
Visit our website for more information regarding who we are and what we do at www.springboard.org.nz
This is a full time position.
To apply please email your CV along with a covering letter telling us why you want to take on this challenge and what strengths you have to bring to this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org
by Friday 22nd November.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have experience working with young people with complex needs?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?