Network Controller / Control Room Operator
Advertiser: Network Waitaki LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Oct 2019
- Otago, Rest of Otago
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Power Generation & Distribution
Network Waitaki is an electricity distribution company that distributes electricity from the national grid to consumers’ properties. Our core business is the provision, operation, and management of electricity infrastructure and related services which powers our local economy.
We service approximately 13,000 consumer connections across a network of 1,800 km of power lines supplying North Otago and parts of the South Canterbury region. We are based in Oamaru with a team of approximately 70 people across management, professional and field staff.
We are part of an industry experiencing rapid changes in technology and customer expectations, and we need great people to join our team to deliver on our strategy and be part of this exciting future.
This new role reports to the Engineering Manager and is responsible for day to day control of the electricity network, undertaking planned and unplanned switching operations and managing safe access to and around the network. The main purpose of this role is to deliver upon service level targets for safety, reliability and fault response to minimise disruption and disturbances to our customers.
Typically this role involves normal business hours Monday to Friday, although it may require some after-hours and weekend availability as required due to the 24/7 nature of network operations.
The successful applicant must have;
- Relevant trade, technical or tertiary qualification in electricity supply, engineering or a related discipline;
- 5+ years' experience based within an electricity distribution, transmission or generation business, or similar utility environment;
- Demonstrable background in control room operations and the use of SCADA systems;
- Sound understanding of the regulated electricity distribution sector and relevant rules and regulations including the Electricity Act and Safety Manual Electricity Industry.
We are looking for someone who has;
- A total commitment to safety and being an active part of a positive safety culture;
- Strong and professional interpersonal and communication skills, with an outgoing nature and the energy and enthusiasm to drive success;
- Calm, professional temperament with ability to cope in pressured environments, maintain positive relationships with stakeholders and colleagues in challenging situations;
- Robust numerical and analytical skillset; highly organised and methodical, makes decisions based on facts and analysis.
Network Waitaki is committed to supporting their people and to provide an environment where you can succeed and grow. North Otago is a fantastic place to live, strong communities and affordable living providing an enviable lifestyle - and if you need to relocate then we will assist you in doing so.
The Application Process:
For confidential enquires and/or a position description please email Kate Logan at KateL@networkwaitaki.co.nz. Applications close 15 November 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?