Operations Manager - Home, Health and Community Support
Advertiser: One21 - Recruitment OutsourcerMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Oct 2019
- Bay of Plenty, Tauranga
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Management
Whaioranga Trust - Home, Health and Community Support Services
Full Time, Permanent Position
Tauranga, Bay of Plenty
A position has become available for an experienced Operations Manager to join the team at Whaioranga Trust, a Maori Health and Social Services Provider with an extensive network of services supporting, empowering and enhancing health and wellbeing of whānau, hapū and iwi throughout Tauranga Moana.
The main purpose of the Operations Manager role is to ensure the effective implementation and operation of all Whaioranga Trust services, maintaining high quality in all areas including staff performance, relationships, reporting and service delivery.
The Trust’s focus is on meeting the needs of whanau by providing culturally appropriate care and using Maori values and practices as guidelines to achieve the best possible outcome.
Services provided by Whaioranga Trust include: Community Support Workers and Social Workers, Mental Health Support, Counselling and Advocacy, Disability Support Services, Addictions Help, Alcohol and Drug Interventions, Traditional Healing / Mirimiri Services, Kaumatua Programme, Quit smoking services, Advocacy and Education, Social Services and Counselling, Rangatahi Support, Elder Abuse Response Services and In-home Support, Home Help and Personal Care / Assistance.
The Operations Manager Role and Responsibilities Include:
- Operational planning, reviewing and strategic direction
- Financial management of daily/weekly/annual operating budgets, expenditure, invoicing and financial reporting
- Human Resource Management, staff resourcing, recruitment, training, professional development and performance management
- Implementing business directives, policies and procedures for a viable service delivery
- Negotiating service level agreements and reporting across all service contracts
- Undertaking performance appraisals / peer review programmes
- Policy development and implementation
- Monitoring of quality standards aligned with health & safety legislation/ National Health Plans
- Internal and external audits
- Compliance with contract service specifications and licensing requirements
- Providing hands on support to all staff
- Relationship management of key partners and stakeholders such as Ministry of Health, Bay of Plenty District Health Board, ACC, health, education and social service providers and external agencies, along with whānau, hapū, iwi and community organisations.
- Complying with all relevant legislation, national policy and practices as required.
- Knowledge or a basic understanding of Tikanga Maori is preferred as is familiarity with the kaupapa of Whaioranga Trust.
We are looking for someone who shares Whaioranga Trust’s Māori cultural values, vision, philosophy and practice to join the team in this integral role.
If you have demonstrated experience and knowledge in the areas listed above, can provide an excellent level of leadership and strengthen the values of whānau, whenua and whakapapa, then we would really like to hear from you today.
To find out more please APPLY ONLINE or call to confidentially discuss this opportunity in person:
One21 - The Recruitment Outsourcer for Whaioranga Trust
Ph: 021 355 179
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as an operations manager?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?