Inwards Goods Receiver/Storeperson
Advertiser: MG MarketingMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Oct 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Warehousing, Storage & Distribution
Inwards Goods Storeperson
If you enjoy working closely with staff and customers, being part of an industry that sells health to the nation, physical work at a lively pace and are looking for a long term career that could lead to warehousing, sales or even management then keep reading because you might be just who we are looking for!
Market Gardeners Ltd is a leading supplier of locally grown and imported fresh produce within New Zealand. MG is a 95 year old grower co-operative with a successful record of marketing, distributing and selling a comprehensive range of fresh fruit and vegetables. We work closely with New Zealand retail chains and independent outlets to provide top quality produce, both domestically-grown and imported - Including leading global brands Dole and Sunkist. MG Marketing is a global company with businesses in Australia, USA and JV partnerships in exporting as well as involvement in the NZ flower industry.
We are looking for an Inwards Goods Storeperson to assist us in our busy produce distribution warehouse. The position involves organising newly imported product within our warehouse environment.
Key tasks/responsibilities include:
- Receipting product, checking, labelling and booking in product
- Stock Management
- Forklift operation skills
- Liaison with MPI
- Internal Communications
- Quality Control
The role requires applicants to have/be:
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Forklift Licence with F endorsement
- Friendly positive attitude
- Health and Safety awareness
- Physically fit
- Hard working and reliable
- Attention to detail / accuracy
- Computer skills (preferable but not essential)
Previous produce experience will be beneficial although not required.
Monday to Saturday, 12:00am - 8:30am.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply now by attaching your C.V. and Cover Letter.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a storeperson?
- Do you have experience operating a forklift?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?