Civil Construction Foreman
Advertiser: Grounds & Services LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Oct 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Foreperson/Supervisors
GSL is headquartered in Hornby, Christchurch and has been providing Grounds Maintenance, Civil Construction and Landscaping services to New Zealand regions and Councils, NZTA, and large property owners and businesses for the last 20 years.
We offer a range of services across civil contracting, open spaces and mechanical services, and have developed a cohesive team of skilled professionals and a loyal client base with a robust workload ahead. Some of our capabilities include construction projects, earthworks, sports turf, landscaping, mowing services, hydro seeding, spraying and pest plant control. Our extensive range of plant and equipment is supplemented by our transportation fleet to get the resources to where they need to go, and our large certified workshop ensures the fleet is regularly serviced and maintained.
About the Role
This is a great opportunity for a Civil Construction Foreman who has the proven background and experience in the construction of hard landscaping and civil related structures.
You will be working in our civil construction division based in Christchurch and responsible for delivering a high standard of workmanship in civil structures, such as decks, pedestrian bridges, fences and timber edged paths, as well as preparing formwork and boxing for concrete structures. Being part of our operations team is an important part of the role to assist with the pre-planning documentation, ordering resources and managing work activities for the project. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the ability to read and interpret site plans and be an effective communicator of the work planning to others in the team.
What you’ll bring:
- Industry or Tertiary qualification in the areas of Building and Carpentry
- 5+ years’ experience in a demonstrable background of civil and structural areas
- Full NZ driver licence
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to change
- Sound leadership capabilities with the drive to achieve productivity, goals and deadlines
- Proven ability to deliver a quality service and product to customers
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills across all levels of the business
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
If you want to be part of our growing GSL team and are willing to bring your down to earth personality, we will provide a safe working environment, full uniform including PPE and a culture that encourages development through training and teamwork.
If you approach challenges with enthusiasm and energy and feel that this role fits your experience and personality, please apply now.
Applicants for this position must live in NZ and have NZ residency or citizenship. You will also be required to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test and a background check.
Applications close on 29 November 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a foreperson?
- How many years' experience do you have in the construction industry?
- Do you have experience working on civil infrastructure projects?
- What's your expected hourly rate?