A Position in the Litigation Team of A Dynamic FirmPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 28 Oct 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Our litigation team represents clients in civil, criminal, employment, and family law proceedings. We are looking to add one more person to the team. You can be a lawyer with a few years of PQE or a fresh law graduate. Your job title and remuneration will reflect your experience and capability accordingly.
You will be expected to:
- Appear in Court (if you are a lawyer);
- Draft pleadings;
- Draft submissions and memoranda;
- Draft affidavits;
- Conduct legal research;
- Analyse evidence;
- Discuss strategy with your colleagues;
- Interview clients; and
- Do general administrative tasks.
You must have:
- New Zealand LLB degree with average grade of B or better;
- Excellent grasp of the laws of the core law papers;
- Excellent command of English; and
- Good short term and long term memory.
You also must be:
- Able to speak and read Mandarin Chinese;
- Skilled in logic and critical thinking; and
- Diligent and prudent generally.
This role is not for the faint-hearted. There will be a lot of challenging tasks, at times even stressful. But it will be rewarding and exciting.
Applicants please send in your CV, cover letter and academic transcript.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Have you completed a qualification in law?