General Manager - Operations
Advertiser: Discovery FoundationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Oct 2019
- Work Type
- Part Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
- Non for Profit
- South Auckland Location
- Fantastic Charity (Not for Profit): Youth Education
- Part-time Hours
About us: Discovery Foundation Inc. is a growing Non Profit charitable organisation that is achieving amazing outcomes with youth in our community nationwide. Running successful programmes for teens and 11-12 years old for almost 30 years, our programmes give young people the tools to navigate the challenging teen years with courage, while enhancing their communication, self-confidence, motivation and overall direction & attitude towards life. Excited? Then please read on.
The role: Our part-time General Manager - Operations role has become available for someone highly organised and capable, and who enjoys engaging with schools, parents and community groups.
You will preferably have event organisation experience, and thrive leading in a busy, fast-paced environment. This is a multi-faceted position where you will be the key face of our organisation in day-to day interactions; liaising with families, schools, volunteers, contract staff and other external organisations.
Working with and reporting to the Board of Trustees, your key responsibilities include:
- Represent Discovery Foundation and its programmes
- Own the annual and monthly activity planning for the Foundation
- Plan for, drive and, where necessary assist with funding and sponsorship applications to grant organisations and individuals as well as the appropriate accountability reporting
- Promote and sell Discovery programmes/courses focussing on a) Specific programme enrolment commitments, b) Growth in awareness of programmes and benefits and c) Return on time and dollar investment in both enrolments and dollar terms
- Supervise and carry out administrative and logistic functions, including Financial/Accounts administration duties and payments
- Communication with stakeholders
- Other reasonable functions as required from time-to-time
Your background, experience & attributes will include:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and clear telephone manner
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility to work longer hours as required (including school holidays)
- Able to prioritise workflow and meet deadlines
- Self-confident & responsive with a mature, positive and resilient ‘can do’ attitude
- Taking ownership of role and being proactive
- An interest and/or passion for youth and their well-being
- Previous experience in applying for community funding desired, but not essential
We are a small committed team with shared values around courage, respect, learning, responsibility and gratitude. If this role sounds like you please take the time to write a cover letter that reflects who you are, your previous experience and why you want this position.
To apply for this position outlined above, please email your application to Julian Bottaro, Board Member at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- How many years of sales management experience do you have?