Advertiser: Undertow MediaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 25 Oct 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Public Relations & Corporate Affairs
Talent will get you in the door, but character will keep you in the room.
We’re looking for someone with both to start their career at Undertow Media to work on Roadshow Films, Samsung, Virgin Australia, Mecca and more.
Apply now if you are creative, concise and super organised, but also ambitious and willing to go a few extra miles at all times. This is an entry level role best suited to someone with less than a year of PR experience.
You will need a solid understanding of how the media works (and not just social media!), be innately curious (read: nosey!) and have great written and verbal communication skills.
In return, you’ll be provided with an environment that fosters growth, represents the best brands and will have you impressing yourself with what you achieve on the regular.
Attitude and passion are prerequisites, however the following characteristics are also a necessity:
- A passion for news and media – outside of what lands in your News Feed
- High attention to detail – you'll impress with your perfect grammar and organisation skills
- Tenacity – you won't let go, you'll see things through, you'll find a way, you'll deliver
- Enthusiasm – you'll get excited about our story and our clients' business objectives
- Charm – you'll own the room with your ideas and your sense of humour
- Exceptional writing and communication skills – you'll prove yourself a wordsmith, a good listener AND a good talker
- Creativity and strategic thinking – you'll possess left and right side brain power
- Intuition and an innate sense of collaboration – you'll know when to lead and be led (by clients, media and team members)
- Ability to work under pressure and a solid work ethic – this is not a 9-5
Some of your major responsibilities as Account Executive include:
- Composing communication materials including press releases, briefs to suppliers, running sheets and any other material necessary for individual campaigns
- Creating and maintaining media lists
- Low risk media pitching
- Building strong media relationships
- Account administration and reporting
- Creative and constructive input to campaigns, proposals, brainstorms and meetings
- Social media copywriting and community management
- Assistance with event management
To be successful in this role you must possess a full, clean NZ-qualified driver licence and NZ residency.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
Please note only applicants that progress to the interview stage will be contacted.
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a qualification in communications?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?