Advertiser: Mike Greer ArchitecturalMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 25 Oct 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- $90,000 - $109,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Surveying
Mike Greer Commercial / Mike Greer Architectural
The Mike Greer Group, encompassing Mike Greer Commercial, Mike Greer Architectural and Mike Greer Homes, is one of New Zealand’s largest building companies. Award-winning, the Mike Greer Group is renowned for its outstanding delivery of commercial, architectural and residential construction throughout New Zealand.
The breadth of our experience and service includes Mike Greer Commercial; a separate complimentary entity to the Mike Greer Group with the specific mandate to deliver well-constructed, future ready and sustainable commercial projects, and Mike Greer Architectural; a separate building company that works closely with clients and architects to construct high-end residences and renovations.
We have a unique opportunity for a talented Quantity Surveyor for both Mike Greer Commercial and Mike Greer Architectural. This unique shared role will have our successful candidate working closely with our construction teams and clients within the Auckland region. Reporting to the General Manager, (Mike Greer Architectural) this role encompasses both estimating and all contractual and financial aspects of both our high end architectural and commercial construction projects.
Our successful candidate will deliver exceptional estimating and cost management to both existing and future partnerships that both Mike Greer Commercial and Mike Greer Architectural hold with their respective stake-holders. Underpinning all of your actions will be the demonstration of our core values; integrity, honesty and accountability.
This position is best suited to an experienced Intermediate / Senior QS.
This role involves:
- Estimating and tender submissions
- Risk Analysis evaluations
- Cost control and cost benefit analysis
- Compiling accurate and timely reports to management
- Managing contracts (3910 & 3915), administration and progress reviews
- Submission of monthly external process claims, measurements, sub-contractor payments and invoices
- Management of bonds, variations and retentions, including transfers
- Proactively managing budgets, variations, administration, extensions; all in accordance with Mike Greer management systems
- Clear, consistent and professional communication to all project team members, external and internal
- Tertiary qualified in Quantity Surveying / Cost Management
- Membership within the NZIQS advantageous but not essential
- Proven experience in the NZ Construction sector preferred, demonstrating a strong understand and application of 3910 & 3915
- Proven experience working with high end architectural and commercial construction
- Competent user of MS Office with proficiency in Procore an advantage but not essential
- Consistent and clear communicator both written and verbal
- Able to build and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders
- Able to work independently and be a collaborative team player
- Strong self-management skills able to prioritise and adjust if need be
- A sense of humour and team spirit, celebrating successes
- Competitive remuneration
- Subsidised Health Insurance
- Career development
- The support and collaboration of a dedicated team
If you would like to apply for this role, please use the Seek “Apply Now” link. Please do not send through your details via email.
Applicants are required be NZ Residents or hold a NZ valid work visa.
If you require further information regarding this role please contact Lynn de Cort (National Recruitment & HR) at LdeCort@mikegreercommercial.co.nz
Please note this role is NOT open for recruitment agencies.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- How many years of estimating experience do you have?
- Have you completed a qualification in construction management?