Quantity Surveyor - Intermediate / Senior
Advertiser: Mike Greer HomesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 25 Oct 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Surveying
Mike Greer Homes has been building award-winning homes for over 25 years and we have made it our life’s work to create homes that are designed and built with purpose and passion. At Mike Greer Homes, we believe more is more. That’s why we make every effort to exceed customer expectations and to create homes that stand the test of time in terms of both design and construction.
As a building apprentice by trade, Mike Greer is known for his workmanship, passion and ‘can do’ attitude. Today, those very values have helped Mike Greer Homes achieve market leadership in affordability, design creativity and quality construction.
We have an excellent opportunity for a passionate Quantity Surveyor to join the team based at our Deans Ave office. This key focus of this role is the delivery on 3910 contracts and the effective procurement of contractors to meet project needs.
The role includes:
- Responsive and accurate QS support and delivery throughout the 3910 contracts
- Effective procurement of contractors, suppliers and material
- Efficient pricing, submission and processing of all variations resulting in accurate settlement
- Submission of monthly external progress claims, measurements, payments and invoices
- Compiling accurate and timely estimates for concept plans based on internal pricing methods
- Reporting to both project and branch management
- Intermediate / Senior QS: 3-5+ years’ experience in commercial and/or residential pricing
- Diploma In Quantity Surveying (minimum) coupled with relevant experience in 3910 delivery
- Strong working knowledge of the NZ Building Code, NZ Standards (NZS3604:2011, 3910, 3915)
- Experienced working with clients and subcontractors
- Intermediate level of computer literacy
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- competitive remuneration
- subsidised health insurance
- career development
- the support and collaboration of a dedicated team
To apply, please follow the Seek “Apply Now” link.
Applicants must either be a NZ resident or hold a NZ valid work visa.
If you have further questions, you can email Lynn de Cort (National Recruitment) on LDeCort@mikegreerhomes.co.nz. All enquiries treated with confidence.
Please do not submit your applications via email. Only those applications via Seek will be considered.
Please note, this role is NOT open for agency referrals.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a quantity surveyor?
- Have you completed a qualification in building surveying?