Ecological Restoration Field StaffPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 24 Oct 2019
- Auckland, Waitakere & West Auckland
- Work Type
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Conservation, Parks & Wildlife
Do you enjoy being out and about in the field and making a difference in the environment? Te Ngahere is a passionate company that is focused on restoring and protecting New Zealand’s biodiversity and native environment. Our staff all share the same goal of wanting to see a positive change in our environment.
We are currently looking for team members to join a variety of positions within our team immediately. We have positions available for people with an experienced native and pest plant ID, and for people with less experience. You will contribute to protecting and restoring some of Auckland and NZ’s beautiful natural environments, including the Hauraki Gulf Island.
Key responsibilities include:
• Pest plant and predator control
• Surveillance of native bush for invasive species
• Herbicide application for the control of weed species
• Native plantings to restore areas
Applicants must have:
• A passion for the natural environment and its protection
• Good level of fitness, ability to work in challenging and remote areas,
• Positive can-do attitude, strong work ethic, drug free and the ability to work well in a team
• Full driving license (NZ class 1)
• NZ Citizen or NZ Permanent Resident status or valid NZ work permit
In return we can offer the successful candidate:
• A team environment where everyone is striving for the same goal
• A professional and supportive work environment
• Practical training courses to develop your skills
• Career development opportunities
• Being part of a growing company where your opinion and contribution is valued
The roles are for a fixed term for approx. 6 months with an immediate start.
Please apply with a full CV and cover letter outlining you relevant experience to email@example.com.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?