Youth Development Practice Team Leader
Advertiser: Youthline AucklandMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 24 Oct 2019
- Auckland, Manukau & East Auckland
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
- Are you dynamic and energetic with team leader experience?
- Experienced in facilitating groups and leading from the front?
- Skilled multi-tasker, used to working in a fast-paced environment?
Youhtline Manukau is looking for an experienced practitioner to provide best practice and service quality leadership to our team of youth workers.
You will report to the Youth Development Manager and be responsible for the clinical and practice oversight of the delivery of youth development programmes around Personal Development, AOD and Safe, Healthy and Respectful Relationships.
As well as being part of on the ground service delivery, you will provide coaching and clinical leadership to the team and develop strong relationships with stakeholders.
Your passion for delivering quality services and achieving positive results for young people is contagious and you are skilled at bringing out the best in others. A high level of professionalism is required and you will complete related administrative tasks with ease.
Your key responsibilities would include:
- Managing incoming work through appropriate allocation to the team
- Delivery of youth development programmes including Mates & Dates and individual interventions.
- Providing practice leadership and coaching to the team
- Ensuring practice standards and processes are followed
- Maintaining best practice knowledge
- School, community and family engagement
- Service quality management, review and improvement
You must have:
- Strong knowledge of principles of youth development, counselling and group dynamics
- A minimum of 3 years full time experience in youth related employment
- A full, clean driver licence
- Proven leadership experience/skills
- A passion and heart for young people
- Ideally, a relevant degree in social services or a clinical area
- Good administration, written communication and public speaking skills
- Connections to South Auckland networks
Please apply via SEEK if you think you are the right person for the job.
To request position description Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5pm Thursday 21 November. Please note, while we appreciate the time you’ve taken to apply for this position, we will only be contacting suitable candidates.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?