Advertiser: McKenzie Centre TrustMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 23 Oct 2019
- Waikato, Hamilton
- $70,000 - $79,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Teaching - Early Childhood
McKenzie Centre is a not for profit early childhood intervention centre for pre-school children with special needs and their families/whānau. We are a well established Hamilton asset and provide high quality services for families. We are values driven, innovative and have a strong culture of partnerships with parents, whānau, within our team and with other organisations in our community.
We currently have a vacancy for an experienced Service Manager to join our team. Reporting to the Centre Director, you will be able to use your excellent knowledge of early childhood education, intervention and inclusion principles, as well as your proven organisational skills, to manage a high performing team, so that we are able to empower the people we support. The role is for 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
Responsibilities for the role include:
1. Ensuring the early childhood intervention service at McKenzie Centre is professionally run and that it provides high quality early intervention care and education to families who have children with disabilities or developmental delays.
2. Contributing to the McKenzie Centre strategic plan and ensure that it is aligned with the changing needs of early childhood education and intervention sector. To ensure that services are structured to meet the plan.
3. Identifying growth opportunities which fit with McKenzie Centre strategic plan, vision, purpose and values.
4. Providing leadership and ensuring that McKenzie Centre meets delivery standards across all services and that the right staff are recruited and developed into positions to support the service delivery.
5. Promoting McKenzie Centre services and values.
6. Being an effective transdisciplinary team member and carry out Key Worker/ consultancy duties.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- A recognised New Zealand tertiary qualification aligned to the position in education or health
- An New Zealand early intervention teaching qualification would be preferred
- At least 5 years’ experience working alongside people with a disability
- At least 5 years in a management role, directly responsible for a number of personnel
- Experience in service delivery
- Sector and market knowledge – Government, ACC, not for profit, business climate, labour market
- An excellent understanding of the concept of Community Inclusion and Individualised Services
- Must be a strategic thinker, able to see the bigger picture
- Must have superior leadership skills which includes the ability to work well within a cross-functional team environment as well as independently
- Must have excellent time-management skills – organise own work schedule, demonstrate prioritisation of tasks and manage workloads
- Ability to assimilate data
Proficiency in the use of computers including: Word Processing, Excel spread sheets/analysis, Budget management, Email, Internet and Databases.
If you are a self-motivated individual, with the ability to be flexible, who would like to join our friendly team and make a positive difference in the lives of children and families, then we would love to hear from you.
Applicants must hold New Zealand residency or have a current New Zealand work permit.
To apply for this position, please do so online by midnight on Sunday 10 November 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a service manager?
- Have you completed a Bachelor of Education - Early Childhood?
- Do you have experience planning and implementing education programs in an early learning environment?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the Te Whāriki framework?