Advertiser: CHEP NZ LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 23 Oct 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Competitive base salary + bonus
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Maintenance
Based at our site in Auckland (Penrose), the Engineering Supervisor will take full responsibility for all the reactive engineering breakdowns and taking initiative to continuously improve the existing plant equipment performance. As part of the site’s leadership team, you will be working within a strong team based culture focussed on safety and continuous improvements. The incumbent will be responsible for managing the safety and compliance work systems as well as participating in the site leadership functions
Reporting directly to the Technical Manager (based in Auckland, Wiri) and with a dotted line into the site's Service Centre Manager, you will be given the autonomy to perform your role and expected to resolve issues very quickly, treating the functions (and budget) as if it is your own business taking comprehensive ownership.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Drive a zero harm environment and ensure all health and safety policies are adhered to, taking full ownership to maintain the performance of the plant and production equipment. Ensure DIFOT levels are consistently in line with customer expectations by ensuring equipment, people and process can meet agreed production plans
- Hands-on fault finding and initial repair work, evaluation of issues and present/recommend alternatives, liaise with external contractors to perform some of the specialised work, all in an effort to decrease operational downtime and increase the plants' efficiency
- Apply best practice methods to obtain continuous improvement in safety, cost efficiency product quality and service delivery
This role will have a great appeal to technically sound engineers with an understanding of high volume, FMCG production and automated manufacturing environments. To be successful in applying for this business critical post you will:
- Ideally have a tertiary level electrical/mechanical qualification, with at least five years’ experience with electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and related systems.
- Possess a strong background and experience in maintaining automated conveyor/manufacturing systems and related equipment.
- Display a sound understanding of automated control systems whereby the candidate will be required to fault diagnose and continuously improve existing equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and sound computer skill with the basic usage of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Flexibility in working outside of regular working hours, one weekend day worked 2-3 times a month which will be compensated with time off in lieu.
About CHEP, A Brambles Company
CHEP is a global leader in supply chain logistics employing more than 14,000 people in 60+ countries. More than 300,000 supply chains choose to utilize CHEP products and solutions to optimize efficiencies and eliminate waste throughout the world. CHEP’s “share and reuse” core business offering pioneered the shared and circular economies more than 50 years ago. Today, the company provides consultative solutions surrounding the efficient and sustainable movement of goods—and manages a global pool of 300 million pallets and containers shared and reused by growers, raw material suppliers, manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers to produce, warehouse, transport and merchandise consumer and industrial goods.
Here in New Zealand, CHEP touches every stage of the Fresh Food Supply Chain; domestically from the farm to supermarket shelf and internationally our global capabilities support the delivery of New Zealand produce around the world.
CHEP New Zealand offers a range of employee benefits including a competitive salary, bonus opportunities, a supportive learning and development culture and a wide range of opportunities to assist you in achieving your career aspirations. CHEP New Zealand, as part of Brambles, provides you unparalleled opportunities to advance and accelerate your career and is large enough to take you anywhere and small enough to make sure you get there. With a focus on career pyramids instead of ladders, we move our people up and across functions and companies to deepen their transferable skills and acquire broader business experience. Other benefits of CHEP include:
- Flexible working environment
- Paid volunteer leave for those who wish to volunteer their services to a community organisation – 3 days per annum
- Reward and Recognition Program to celebrate outstanding achievements of our people through a number of different delivery methods
- Employee discounts with a range of partners
- Unparalleled opportunities to advance and accelerate your career
- Attractive options to purchase Brambles shares
Our team boasts a friendly and fun culture that celebrates successes, with award winning engagement and enablement, and results achieved through collective intelligence, collaboration and teamwork.
With a highly inclusive workplace rich in diversity, CHEP New Zealand celebrates the diversity of thought, backgrounds, style and working arrangements of our people to ensure that we reflect the communities and customers that we serve.
Join our team to be part of an international growth company with an advantaged and highly sustainable business model. You’ll be working for a company that is changing the way goods get to market. You’ll optimize 300,000 supply chains instead of just one. You’ll join an efficient and collaborative team who punches above its weight. You’ll be working for the good of humanity.
Interested? To apply please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below. Please include a covering letter with your resume outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience address the above criteria.
Agencies please note: recruitment for this position is being managed directly by CHEP New Zealand. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners in the rare instance we require additional talent options. Your respect for this process is appreciated.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have as a maintenance engineer?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?