Helpdesk L1 Systems Support Engineer
Advertiser: Star PeopleMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Oct 2019
- Hawkes Bay
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
Based in the Hawkes Bay office for this New Zealand based network and systems provider, your primary role will be to work on the Helpdesk, identifying and resolving issues for one of the Company's major clients. Additionally you will take on responsibilities as a Junior System & Network Support Engineer, providing first level support for contracted client's systems.
This will require some travel in the Hawkes Bay area, and on occasion to Wellington to support contracted clients. Some on call and rostered shifts may also be part of this role.
- First level system support
- Use of Helpdesk tools, processes and administration to ensure that accurate records are maintained in "real-time" and that customer SLAs are met
- Escalation of issues that are unable to be resolved in the first instance
- Provide Helpdesk reporting as required
- Provide operations and on-call support
- Provide Helpdesk services onsite at clients as agreed
- Deliver projects to Customer and Partner satisfaction
- Completion of documentation and administration as required
Skills You Have:
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Strong organisational and administration skills
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to build relationships and to relate to people at all levels
- Technical experience and problem solving skills across a variety of systems
- Professional and responsive conduct
- Operating Systems and Application Support and integration skills, including some exposure to Linux, virtualisation and Unifi Managed Wifi
- Network and systems security expertise
- Experience delivering high quality customer support
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to document processes - clear and effective written communication skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an elite team that is founded on the provision of excellent technical services to their clients. The ability to learn and the right attitude are paramount. Training and mentoring will be provided to ensure that you are well supported and on a pathway to growing your own areas of expertise.
So what are you waiting for? Send your cv to email@example.com or give Julia a call on 027 595 0146 if you need further information. Please note, applicants MUST be resident in New Zealand, and have the right to work in New Zealand, to apply for this role, applications outside this criteria will NOT be considered. Applications close 20 November 2019
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for providing level 1 technical support?
- Are you available to provide on call support when required?