Welding & Quality Supervisor
Advertiser: Farra EngineeringMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Oct 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Supervisors
About the business
For over 150 years Farra has been a central part of the engineering community within the South Island. As a full-service engineering company our team provide innovative and practical engineering solutions to a wide range of local and international customers.
Our Christchurch business focuses on providing high quality sheetmetal componentry and light fabrication services to the transportation industry. We also produce inspiring architectural engineering products.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Welding & Quality Supervisor to join our Christchurch team.
The main focus of the role includes:
- Supervising welding operations in accordance with international standards.
- Pre inspection of welded fabrications to ensure compliance with drawings and specifications.
- Review of approved drawings to determine selection of welding procedures to suit specific requirements.
- Liaising with independent welding inspectors.
- Weld mapping, consumable management and traceability.
- Welder qualification management to ensure welders remain valid to the standards.
- Compliance with approved welding procedures and maintenance of welding quality documentation.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as a welder or fabricator.
- Drivers license.
- Eligible to work in New Zealand.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Qualified welding supervisors/ coordinators compliant with AS2214, AS 1796 certificate 10.
- Qualified trades people who have attended the 5-day welding supervisors' course and are looking to progress with a career in Welding supervision.
Benefits and perks
What's on Offer:
- Joining a progressive solution focused organisation that can do like no other with proven results.
- Becoming part of a dedicated customer focused team, where people matter.
- The chance to build a successful career with ongoing career and development opportunities.
- Competitive Remuneration.
- An environment where interactions are conducted in a straight up manner.
Skills and experience
We require people with the below attributes:
- Have a strong knowledge base of fabrication and certified welding, trade qualification in fabrication preferred.
- Be self-motivated, practical thinker and problem solver.
- Able to work independently and the ability to work within a team environment.
- Have a good work ethic and attitude.
- Ability to interpret drawings accurately.
- Must have good planning skills and be organised.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you! Apply online now!
To find out more about Farra and the exciting projects we get to be a part of please visit: www.farra.co.nz.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?