Advertiser: Habitat for Humanity Greater Auckland LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Oct 2019
- Auckland, Manukau & East Auckland
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Volunteer Coordination & Support
Responsible to: Funding and Development Manager
- ReStore Operations Manager
- Build Manager
- Office Manager
- Corporate entities
The purpose of this position is to develop and maintain a strong and engaged volunteer base in support of programme delivery and ReStore chain of Habitat for Humanity Auckland.
- Develop and implement a new volunteer engagement strategy alongside the GM and Funding and Development Manager.
- Be the primary point of contact for all volunteer enquiries.
- Ensure timely responses to all volunteer enquiries.
- On board all volunteers and support ReStores with their volunteer management.
- Support the relevant managers, with a particular focus on ReStore, with volunteer management and conflict resolution.
- Develop relationships with community groups and government agencies in respect to volunteer teams.
- Develop a strategy to engage PD Corrections workers to fulfil their community service hours.
- Ensure regular contact with relevant managers as to their volunteer requirements.
- Manage and attend Habitat volunteer builds and / or working bees.
- Maintain and develop a volunteer database within Salesforce.
- Maintain a record of all volunteer hours in relevant programmes.
- Celebrate volunteer milestones as defined in the Volunteer Engagement Strategy.
- Provide reports as requested.
- Ensure volunteer packs are kept up to date.
- Support the Digital Marketing Executive with volunteer stories and pictures for dissemination through our digital and social media channels.
- Maintain a volunteer calendar.
- Attend volunteer symposiums as required.
- Support the Funding and Development Manager with corporate engagement.
- Ensure all corporate teams are provided with relevant communication materials.
- Develop strong and long-term relationships with corporate entities.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of Salesforce.
- Ensure ongoing personal development in relation to Salesforce competence.
- Support other staff with Salesforce training and development.
- Attend events and conferences and support Habitat programme delivery as required.
Health & Safety
- Understand and comply with all company health and safety policies and procedures.
- Report on all accidents, incidents and hazards or risks in a timely manner
- Ensure our values are kept alive and all interactions are with these in mind
- Do the right thing (Tika)
- Respect (Manakitanga)
- Unity (Kotahitanga
- Leadership (Mana Tangata)
- Changing lives (Whakahirahira)
Key Skills required:
- 3-5 years relevant working experience in a similar role
- Highly organised with an eye for detail
- Ability to multi-task and work autonomously
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Competent in MS Office suite (in particular Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint)
- Competent ion Salesforce or other similar CRM system
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships
- Outgoing, patient and the ability to relate to a wide range of cultures and backgrounds
- Empathetic towards Habitat’s mission and to those we seek to serve.
Please provide a covering letter and CV before Wednesday 20th November 2019
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?