Licensed Drivers/Event Crew/Labour
Advertiser: Darby and Grey Event HireMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Oct 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- $20 - $29.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Trades & Services, Labourers
The busy event season is nearly here and we're looking for keen individuals to join our crew and assist with delivery, set up, pack down and return of our products to some incredible events in Auckland and across the North Island.
The job involves (but is not limited to):
- Ensuring stock is clean, presentable and suitable for dispatch
- Loading and unloading trucks with furniture
- Ensuring equipment and furniture are stowed securely in the truck to prevent damage
- Driving various vehicles including small trucks to Events locations
- Assembly and setting up equipment and furniture in many different locations; venues, marquees and private residences
- Warehouse organisation and product maintenance
- Operating walkie stacker/forkhoist (training given)
Requirements of the role:
- Be physically fit and capable of manual labour in a fast paced environment
- Have a positive attitude and a team player
- Be well presented and hold excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to liaise with clients and other staff/suppliers on site
- Be mechanically minded and proficient in the use of basic hand and power tools
- Have an eye for detail
- MUST hold a current manual driving licence
- Sound knowledge of the Auckland area
- Be available weekends and for occasional night shifts
- Experience working in event hire industry (ideal but not essential)
We're offering casual positions with Full or Part time hours, and flexible shifts available. The events industry is fast paced and ever changing.
All training provided on the job - any experience is a bonus!
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Are you licenced to drive a manual vehicle?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?