Advertiser: Stamford Plaza AucklandMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Oct 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Front Office & Guest Services
Email: Please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
About Stamford Hotels and Resorts
Stamford is one of the largest owner/operators of premium quality hotels in Australia and New Zealand. The group operates a hotel portfolio with nearly 2500 rooms, 2200 employees, and residential assets. At Stamford Hotels and Resorts we understand that our people are our greatest asset. We strive to retain, develop and reward passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. In our pursuit for excellence, we encourage entrepreneurial thinking, challenge the status quo and inculcate a sense of ownership while fostering an environment of transparency, collaboration, respect and integrity among our employees, business partners and the community at large.
About the role
Stamford Plaza Auckland is seeking a Receptionist who is a dynamic team player with excellent communication skills and the drive to make a difference. This position is well suited to someone who has experience in a similar position in a hotel environment and that has a keen eye for detail. Ideally we are looking for a candidate who has a passion for delivering five star services.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Provide efficient service for guest registration and departure;
- Upsell room types where appropriate;
- Settle guest accounts, ensuring cashiering is accurate;
- Assist with all internal and external queries;
- Attend to all incoming calls in a professional and polite manner;
- Maintain strict security procedures to ensure guest confidentiality and safety;
The successful applicant will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience in a similar position in a 5 Star Hotel environment is preferred
- A high standard of personal presentation
- A strong customer service focus
- Ability to multitask with a can-do attitude
- Availability to work days, afternoons and weekends over a 7 day roster
- Knowledge of Opera or similar property management system an advantage
- Experience in a similar position in a hotel environment is essential
- Experience in Opera will be an advantage
Culture and Benefits
As a team member with us you can expect to receive:
- Great opportunities for career development;
- The opportunity to work with industry professionals in an exciting hotel environment.
How to Apply
If you believe you have the drive and skills to succeed in this role please click the 'Apply Now' button.
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. No recruitment agencies please.