Advertiser: Hermitage HotelMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Oct 2019
- Canterbury, Timaru & South Canterbury
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our finance team based in Aoraki Mt Cook National Park at The Hermitage Hotel in the permanent position of Accounts Assistant. You will be part of a friendly, close knit team but must be comfortable working autonomously with the ability to manage your workload and meet deadlines.
Nestled in the beautiful adventure playground that is Aoraki Mt Cook National Park, The Hermitage Hotel is in a breath-taking environment of glaciers, alpine lakes, sparkling rivers and New Zealand’s tallest peak, the mighty Aoraki Mt Cook soaring above the skyline at 3,724 metres. There is no shortage of recreational activities to keep you occupied in your spare time!
The iconic Hermitage Hotel is home to a selection of restaurants and bars as well as a range of tourism activities. We welcome both local and international guests to experience this unique environment with us and our aim is to build a team that can perform with poise and efficiency regardless of the volume of guests.
This is an entry level finance role so would be a great opportunity for an ambitious person looking to step up to a new challenge. You will need to have confidence dealing with people and helping drive system improvements across the business. Good excel skills are essential and you will need to be skilled at written and verbal communication. Experience in the tourism or hospitality industries is certainly an advantage.
What will your day might look like?
- Checking daily cashier reconciliations - following up discrepancies
- Preparing banking and passing it to the security company
- Checking and approving invoices
- Checking and assembling Free of Charge dockets for signing
- Checking & sending sales invoices
- Scanning invoices & vouchers and saving to file
- Collecting laundry/pool money (twice monthly in Summer)
- Counting cash floats
- Helping the Assistant Accountant with reconciliations
- Recording stock transfers between restaurants
- Updating foreign currency rates
- Controlling fuel cards - issue when requested by Accountant
- Checking daily void and discount reports and follow up
- Entering timesheets into the computer system
- Assisting the finance team and other departments as and when required
- Supporting the company’s financial health by constantly looking for opportunities to increase revenue and decrease costs
We will commit to providing opportunities for training and upskilling along with the support from our senior management team, and you will commit your passion and enthusiasm to working with us.
If this sounds like you, apply now via our website www.hermitage.co.nz and start the experience of a lifetime today.
Applicants should have NZ permanent residency/citizenship
All positions at Aoraki Mt Cook Alpine Village Ltd have accommodation provided as part of our unique lifestyle package, with the weekly board & lodgings rates including three meals a day and power.
Please contact the Human Resources Manager on email@example.com if you require more information.