Advertiser: St Columba ChurchMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Oct 2019
- Auckland, Manukau & East Auckland
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
About the Role
Primarily you will share responsibility for the day to day running of the church office whilst maintaining a high standard of administration and people skills. You will interact daily with fellow staff members, volunteers, church members, ministry leaders and people in the local community. In addition, you will act as personal assistant to the Senior Minister, carrying out any of his administrative requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate the maintenance of the church property and oversee bookings
- Supervise the reception area (including volunteer receptionists), ensuring all people entering the facility are dealt with in a friendly and appropriate manner
- Ensure all communication systems are in place including internal bulletins, email networking, advertising etc.
- Keep up to date with office technology including the database, working alongside the IT team to ensure high quality control systems are in place and policies are adhered to
- Work with accounting staff in financial matters (deposits, cash handling, invoicing)
- Ensure all record keeping is up to date and all clerical needs, including those of the senior ministry team, are met
- Manage the office and church procedures, ensuring acceptable standards of Health & Safety are being maintained at all times
Skills & Experience
The suitable candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong communication and people skills
- The ability to multi-task
- A willingness to work within a Christian context and with an interest in charitable organizations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Previous experience in an administrative role
- Up to date knowledge of Health & Safety standards
- A friendly, patient and polite disposition with the desire to help others
- The legal right to work in New Zealand or hold a current visa
Benefits and Culture
Work in an environment where the work-life balance is understood and respected. Enjoy being part of a Christian culture and a diverse community of people from all walks of life and backgrounds. We are a community of people united together to serve others in a multitude of ways.
About the Company
St Columba is a Presbyterian Church employing eight staff members, assisted by many volunteers. We are a strong congregation of 600+ people, supporting various ministries in our church, local communities and abroad. Please check out our website for more information.
Applications close on Thursday 31 October 2019.
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Debbie on (09) 274-4864 if you have any questions about the role.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- Have you completed a qualification in business administration?