Medical receptionist/administratorPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Oct 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Medical Administration
We are looking for a new medical secretary/administrator to oversee the smooth running of this busy small private practice located in Riccarton, Christchurch.
The ideal candidate needs to be energetic, patient focused and a team player, with the ability to learn quickly, prioritise, delegate and work independently.
The major focus of the successful applicant will be:
- Coordinating outpatient consultations and surgical bookings
- Managing both doctor and patient expectations
- Financial management including patient billing and practice accounts payable
- Clerical and administrative duties
- Facilities management
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Experience in a customer focused medical or other professional services environment
- Professional attitude and work practices including a high degree of personal accountability
- Compassionate with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate effectively across all levels
- The ability to work in and continually develop quality systems characterised by attention to detail
- Ability to manage people, finances and practices
- A working knowledge of the primary health sector
- Ability to recognise problems, make decisions and solve problems
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Be proficient in Houston VIP, although training will be provided
For more information including job description please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, with 'Medical receptionist/administrator' in the subject field.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com by 0900 on 23/10/19 with 'Medical receptionist/administrator' in the subject field.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Are you available to work school holidays?