Customer Success Guru (Remote in Wellington, New Zealand)
Advertiser: ShopifyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Oct 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Call Centre & Customer Service, Customer Service - Call Centre
Kia Ora! New Zealand, we've landed! We're Shopify - the leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform. We build products for business owners to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. Shopify currently powers over 600,000 businesses in approximately 175 countries and we just keep on growing. (It's a very exciting time to join our team.)
We're looking for a talented bunch of Kiwis to build our remote Customer Success Guru team here to support entrepreneurs from all over the world. Customer Success Gurus are at the heart of Shopify and are some of our merchants' greatest assets. Our Guru teams work from the comfort of their own homes and support merchants in a variety of ways; from simple set-up questions to business advice and best practices. We also never shy away from a technical question and aren't afraid to ask for help when we don't know the answer. Most importantly, we're a passionate bunch and helping entrepreneurs build and grow their businesses is the North Star of everything we do.
A few more details:
We keep it real - It's not just tech support, but people support. It won't always be easy, but if you're resourceful, ask questions, and enjoy having genuine human conversations, you may have just found your dream team.
We're business coaches - We don't just solve problems, we help businesses grow and thrive. Our team doesn't do pushy sales, but we do strive for needs based sales solutions to help merchants get on the right Shopify plan to scale their business and succeed.
We're lifestyle focused - Day-to-day you'll get to do fulfilling work, support entrepreneurs, and make a real impact. Plus, you'll still have the time in your day to focus on your passions, projects, people, and hobbies. You'll even be able to meet up with your team to do work-togethers, socialize over a drink, or relax at the beach.
We're forever learners - We are obsessed with personal development, growing and never settle of mediocrity. We'll support you to achieve your goals, learn new skills, and level up.
We work together - We may not be in the same cities, but we act like it. We've invested in small remote teams and strong communication tools to ensure you have the resources to succeed in your role at Shopify --- no matter what city you are in!
What you'll get to do:
- Have a huge impact on merchant businesses and lives.
- Solve problems.
- Learn how to run your own store first hand.
- Teach people about the platform.
- Interact with entrepreneurs from all over the world.
- Be yourself.
You'll need to (in no particular order):
- Must be legally eligible to work in New Zealand.
- Be proficient with technology.
- Care about the details.
- Have strong reading & writing skills.
- Have a track record of being resourceful.
- Be empathetic.
- Be an active listener.
- Be able to work under pressure.
It'd be great if you have (not required):
- A background or interest in business, marketing, retail, or sales.
- Ran or had exposure to running a business or being an entrepreneur.
- Leadership experience an asset
- Previous experience working in technical support in an SaaS or equally software-driven environment.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Have you worked in a call centre before?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How would you rate your English language skills?
- How many years' experience do you have as a customer services representative?