Advertiser: RSC ConsultingMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Oct 2019
- Otago, Dunedin
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Analysis & Reporting
RSC Mining and Mineral Exploration’s market intelligence company, Opaxe, monitors mining company reports globally, from exploration announcements through to project financial transactions. It performs analysis of the information that it collects to produce reports and opinions which are made available at www.opaxe.com. Opaxe also undertakes custom research assignments for its clients.
We are currently implementing significant changes in our data processing which will increase the range of information we handle. Additionally, we are working on a government-funded research project, building machine learning and NLP applications, and part of the role will be to work with the team on this project.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and entrepreneurial person to join the company as Data Administrator/Analyst in our Dunedin New Zealand office.
Our ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter who sees the long-term potential in data and is willing to start off in a data gathering role, progressing to managing the process and delivering value-add products and services to clients.
We are seeking a person who:
- has a high level of computer literacy;
- is highly proficient in written English communication;
- has an enquiring mind and an engaging personality;
- is highly analytical with a focus on attention to detail;
- is highly organised with excellent time management skills;
- is motivated and a self-starter; and
- will be based in Dunedin and willing to travel as required.
Applicants will have the following experience and qualifications:
- a tertiary degree in Computer Science, Finance or Geology;
- in lieu of a degree, candidates with data management experience/qualifications are welcome to apply;
- experience in data entry and data analysis; and
- strong computer skills with emphasis on MS Excel and Access.
We are seeking someone who has an entrepreneurial approach and is enthusiastic to develop this role further. You will be given the freedom to add as much value to our business as you want. Opaxe is ambitious and has the potential to develop in several directions and we would like to work with someone who can be part of a team that will drive this development.
Please note we are only able to consider New Zealand permanent residents or candidates with the right to work in New Zealand independently.
Benefits of working at opaxe
Be part of a young, dynamic and fast-growing company. Opaxe has a strong team of like-minded people determined to be among the best service providers to the mineral exploration and mining sector. We work in a collegial and supportive manner in order to grow the capabilities of the team and individual alike. We offer flexibility in how the successful candidate can operate, ensuring that a suitable work-life balance can be achieved.
If you think that you can add value to opaxe and want to be part of a fast moving, growing company then send a covering letter and CV via SEEK.
Submissions from third parties will not be considered.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- What's your highest level of education?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?