Academic Registrar - maternity cover
Advertiser: Bishopdale Theological CollegeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Oct 2019
- Tasman, Nelson
- Work Type
- Education & Training, Management - Vocational
Bishopdale Theological College (BTC) is a developing theological college in central Nelson, serving local and dispersed student cohorts. Bishopdale College was established by the Anglican Diocese of Nelson in 2006 to form Christian leaders across all Christian groups. The College operates with a focus on discipleship and mission. We work in partnership with Laidlaw College toward Laidlaw diplomas and degrees, and are currently applying for PTE registration. Around half our student body is based in Anglican settings, half in other church traditions. The College is in an exciting period of growth, with new partnerships developing, and increased interest in the internship programmes we run (in partnership with Laidlaw) and an expansion of opportunities to serve.
Please visit www.bishopdale.ac.nz to gain a greater sense of who we are and what we do. A full job description can be found at www.bishopdale.ac.nz/employment.
We require an Academic Registrar to cover a maternity leave position, for 14 months (approximately) from November 2019-December 2020. We anticipate a handover period with the current Registrar. This role does not include a lecturing component. If you …
• share a commitment to the Christian ethos of Bishopdale College
• have experience in academic administration and leadership and have some understanding of the tertiary sector
• function well when there are lots of different things happening at once
• are adaptable and good at problem solving (and at using Google to find out the answer to questions) then you will be a great fit for this role!
• Experience in educational administration, and current awareness of the tertiary education sector.
• Strengths in academic leadership, and academic systems management.
• Strong time management skills and an ability to hold many different threads together.
• Ability to pick up new software systems quickly, and to solve basic technology problems.
• Assist the Dean and partner with the staff team in leading the College as a community of discipleship and of mission-shaped training and study.
• Take responsibility for the tasks of College Registrar and all academic administration, in order to deliver effective and efficient services to students and staff.
• Maintain external relationships with key partners and stakeholders, including Laidlaw College, a range of local Churches and Christian ministries, Anglican networks, and other partner organisations.
• Oversee academic support and ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
• Coordinate with staff across multiple areas of College life to ensure a positive student experience.
Applications should be sent by 5pm, 25 October 2019, to:
The Dean, Bishopdale College, PO Box 347, Nelson 7040.
Electronic applications welcome: firstname.lastname@example.org