Advertiser: The University of AucklandMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Oct 2019
- Auckland, Rodney & North Shore
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Government & Defence, Local Government
You will be responsible for administrative support to the MBChB undergraduate student clinical programme based at the Waitemata Clinical Campus, North Shore.
The Waitemata Clinical Campuses are located at North Shore and Waitakere Hospitals. Both campuses provide clinical education to medical students, mainly for the final three years of the six-year undergraduate medical course.
Some of the key responsibilities for this role are:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders within the University and the DHB (District Health Board)
- Support the Site Team Leader and/or Group Services Manager in all marketing activities pertinent to the respective programmes
- The administration of all student clinical attachments and records
- Scheduling of teaching timetables for all clinical attachments
- Administration, set-up and running of clinical examinations
- Providing assistance to students for all enquiries
- Maintenance of all documentation and filing systems
- Provide teaching administrative support to staff
The position will suit an energetic, reliable person who is interested in working with a diverse range of people including students and clinical academics and is comfortable in a dynamic & complex environment.
We’re seeking a candidate who has a willingness to learn and adapt in this administrative support role. You will have a high degree of personal discretion & tact in dealing with confidential, sensitive & contentious matters and your administration skills will be underpinned by excellent communication skills and experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
In addition, a proactive, positive and flexible attitude, ability to multi-task, excellent time management and prioritisation skills, attention to detail, initiative, and a strong commitment to quality is essential.
Skills and experience:
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Tertiary qualification or relevant experience related to role.
- Be experienced working in a fast-paced environment requiring high levels of customer service delivery
- We are seeking somebody who has meticulous attention to detail and is highly organised, with the ability to manage competing demands, multitask and thrive in a truly dynamic environment.
- You must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to act with discretion, as well as a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and be technology savvy
Please refer to the Position Description for further details.
Why work for us?
The University of Auckland is dedicated to providing an excellent and stimulating environment for its employees which ensures a healthy work life balance
- Five weeks’ annual leave per annum.
- Up to 6.75% employer superannuation contribution.
- Over 300 different career development courses.
- Discounted, onsite childcare, parking and various leisure and recreation services.
For more information on the benefits of working here, see our Staff Benefits page.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of Sunday, 20 October 2019 to be considered. Please include a cover letter outlining what strengths you would bring to this position.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz