Rail / Track Maintenance Worker
Advertiser: Agoge RecruitmentMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Oct 2019
- Auckland, Papakura & Franklin
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Labourers
Our client is responsible for changing the way New Zealand functions. Better connecting the country by building the railway. The benefits of keeping the rail maintained and working well provide heaps of benefits including lower traffic in the cities, reduce carbon harm to our beautiful country and improved road safety.
You can see how important the people in the team are who keep the rails in good check. So we are really excited to offer you the opportunity to join this team. This is a 3 month assignment to start with but has the chance to become long term work. Within the initial 3 months, you'll gain good experience and you'll need to prove yourself hardworking and reliable!
|| We won't lie - there's hard work involved and this will keep you fit ||
What the job involves day to day:
- Mon-Fri 6:00am - 3:00pm
- Some weekend work - but this will be agreed in advance with you!
- You'll be working from Huntly to Pukekohe
- Jacking the tracks up and shovelling stones, jacking the tracks back down and re-securing the sleepers and tracks
- Working near overhead electrical cables - you'll need a really good awareness of H&S
- Being aware and taking care not to damage the natural environment
- You'll need to be physically strong to be considered for the role
- A class 2 licence would help!
What you'll get for your hard work:
- $21.25 p/h
- Chance to make a name for yourself in a national company with big opportunities
- Full onsite Health and Safety training
- Accrued annual leave
- Employer contributions to Kiwisaver
You'll also need to pass pre-employment check including drugs and security.
APPLY NOW before you miss your chance to join this amazing team making a big difference to New Zealand every single day!