Shotfirer - Drury
Advertiser: OricaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Nov 2019
- Auckland, Papakura & Franklin
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Mining - Drill & Blast
We are Orica, the global leader in mining and civil blasting.
It’s an exciting time for us. Through digital and automated technologies, we’re transforming the drill and blast process to increase safety and productivity in mining.
Every day we embrace new ways of thinking and work closely together to deliver innovative technologies, to ensure we remain at the forefront of our industry. And we believe that our 11,500+ people around the world play the most important role in helping our customers find success.
About the role
Orica’s Quarry Services division are on the lookout for an experienced Shotfirer to join the team based in the Drury site, 36 km’s South of Auckland. The Drury site is used as central service point for Orica’s Quarry operations in the region. This position operates on Monday to Friday roster, days. A great opportunity if you live in the Waikato region.
As a Shotfirer you will be part of a team of professionals managing blasts on Orica’s broad variety of customer Quarry sites. Each client will have varying technical challenges. The customer sites you will service are located geographically at diverse locations within the region with various types of blasting services. You will work closely with Bench Assistants and MMU Operators, managing all tasks associated with loading, tying and firing.
What you will bring
- Shotfirer Qualification;
- Certified Handlers Licence;
- Current Class 4 driving licence (Desirable);
- Controlled Substance Licence (Desirable, but not essential)
- Strong communication skills;
- Excellent time management and customer service skills;
- Ability to follow and adhere to strict procedures and policies;
- A strong commitment and attitude toward safety.
What we offer
- The opportunity, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organisation;
- A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognised and encouraged;
- Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth;
- Competitive salary packages.