Operations and Settlement Consultant
Advertiser: China Construction Bank (New Zealand) LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Oct 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Banking & Financial Services, Settlements
China Construction Bank Corporation (CCB) is a leading corporate bank in China providing a comprehensive range of corporate and commercial banking products and services.
CCB is among the market leaders in China in a number of products and services, including infrastructure loans, residential mortgage and bank cards.
China Construction Bank (New Zealand) Limited (CCBNZ) is the wholly-owned subsidiary of CCB Group. CCB NZ runs a wholesale and retail banking business, offering integrated and high quality financial services including corporate and commercial loans, trade finance & FX, Treasury facilities, residential lending, with cross-border transactions for Chinese and New Zealand enterprises .
About the role
CCB NZ is looking for an additional Operations and Settlement Consultant to join the Team:
- Implementing operational policies to ensure accurate and efficient operations;
- Customer Account maintenance and customer profile maintenance;
- Customer Deposit processing, e.g TD, DD etc.;
- Payments, Clearing & SWIFT Message Investigations;
- Processing Treasury transactions including FX, Money Market & Derivatives. Working closely with CCB NZ's Treasury team in monitoring cash movements and funding requirements;
- Processing of Treasury and International payments, related investigations and reconciliation;
- Settlement for Retail Home Loans, commercial/wholesale Loans & Trade Finance (and their related fees);
- Processing documentation, data maintenance in the bank’s systems or dealing with customer and counterparty inquiries;
- Ensuring all transactions and reporting are processed and settled on an accurate and timely basis;
- Identify and resolve issues promptly and report promptly to Section Head and/or Front Office;
- Preparing data analysis reports in time to local regulatory authority as well as to the parent bank;
- Transactions filing and scanning;
- Communicating and cooperating with CCB’s Head Office (Beijing), mainland Branches and overseas branches for regular reports, system testing and business improvements;
- Getting involved in ad hoc projects as and when required.
- Experience within the Banking/ Financial services industry with a broad knowledge of payment transactions;
- University degree preferably in Business or Finance, but not necessary;
- Several years settlements experience within New Zealand and international markets;
- Experience in clearing, SWIFT & AML/CFT operations, deep knowledge of ESAS, NZClear and Treasury Settlements;
- A good understanding of Trade Finance business processes and core trade finance products such as Letters of Credit, Guarantees would be an advantage;
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills;
- Ability to work autonomously, work with a team and advanced problem solving skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Maintain operational procedures and recommend improvements in line with principles of best practice;
- Must be fluent in English, Mandarin language skills would be an advantage.
Contact our HR Manager Doro Friebe for a confidential chat about the role on 09 3388298.
- You must have the permanent right to work and live in New Zealand for this role.
- No applicants from Recruitment Agencies will be considered for this role.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years' experience do you have in the financial services industry?