Advertiser: Palmerston North Womens RefugeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Oct 2019
- Manawatu, Rest of Manawatu
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
Palmerston North Women’s Refuge provides support and advocacy for women and children who are experiencing or have experienced domestic violence. Women’s Refuge is dedicated to supporting survivors of domestic violence and providing a safe place to stay while decisions about their future are made, or if a woman and her children decided to stay in the community an advocate will walk alongside and empower them to make safe decisions for their future. Women’s Refuge operates a 24 hour crisis telephone line assisted by a roster of volunteers attending the crisis line outside working hours.
As part of our Children’s Team you will be facilitating our Children’s and Youth education programmes as well as completing comprehensive risk assessments and safety plans with them and their whanau.
An ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for advocating for the best possible outcomes for children and young people
- Experience working with 5- 17 year olds and/or experience facilitating groups
- The ability to be creative and flexible to ensure that each child and young person is receiving the support they need.
- A strong attention to detail and ability to complete paperwork and meet reporting requirements to a high standard.
- The ability to build a strong professional network and liaise with external agencies to access support for children, young people and their families
- An alignment with Refuge values and philosophy to ensure a consistent service for all clients.
Training will be provided but being able to engage with people from all ethnic and cultural backgrounds and quickly build rapport – particularly with children - is essential.
You will also be expected to assist with the work of our Women’s Team as necessary. This includes: admitting women/ children to the safehouse and providing on-going support, case management of both safehouse and community women and children, training new collective members, taking crisis line shifts, and providing ongoing education in the community concerning family violence.
This role is 20 hours per week with negotiable working hours and is based in Levin, Horowhenua. Some travel to other regions may be required. You will be part of a supportive team of people with a can do attitude. A sense of humour is a must.
Applications with a CV and a covering letter should be sent to the Manager,PN Womens Refuge, P.O. Box 573,Palmerston North. Emailed applications can be sent to Zubeda@pnwomensrefuge.org.nz. Applications close 22nd October, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
Preference will be given to those applicants who have Women's Refuge experience or have done our volunteer training. You must pass a Police check and have a full driver’s license.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?