Emergency Housing Support Worker
Advertiser: Palmerston North Womens RefugeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Oct 2019
- Manawatu, Palmerston North
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Housing & Homelessness Services
The successful candidate must be able to engage with people of all cultural and ethnic backgrounds. You will be based at our Public Office in Palmerston North. You will also support the women and children by assisting them to determine their needs. The role requires a competent support worker who is experienced in doing needs assessments and goal planning, working towards positive outcomes. Providing support and assisting clients back into the community with positive support in place to ensure long term well being for them and their whanau. Your excellent communication skills will enable you to deal with key agencies and stakeholders. Note: This position is required to start immediately and you will be required to undergo police vetting under the vulnerable children's act. Full clean drivers licence is also required. Applications for this position close 22nd October 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- Do you have a current Police Check (Criminal Record Check) for employment?