Receptionist / GSA
Advertiser: Fino hotel & suitesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Oct 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- $15 - $19.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Front Office & Guest Services
The position involves all aspects of front office reception and Night Audit tasks, including providing friendly, personalized customer service in responding to accommodation inquiries, promoting the business to achieve accommodation sales, processing reservations, assisting corporate and leisure guests and ensuring the smooth running of the reception desk. In addition to this, you will also be required to attend to housekeeping and maintenance issues and solving of guest complaints.
Previous front office/reception in a hospitality/travel environment is essential. Reliable, Punctual and Respectful is a must!
This is a key front-line position where immaculate grooming and outstanding communication skills are essential.
All applicants must be eligible to work and live in New Zealand at the time of application.
What you need:
- Be able to complete set tasks and to have the initiative to seek out new tasks
- Strength in reservations.
- Flexibility to be able to work within a roster that covers seven days a week including weekends and holidays, inclusive nights.
- Minimum of 1-years’ experience
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Cash handling
- The ability to confidently converse in other languages would be an advantage.
- available to start immediately
- Previous experience in a customer-focused industry
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Calm, efficient, and organised with great attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a positive attitude when working with a Guest
- Professional manner with an emphasis on hospitality and guest service
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- Conflict resolution experience
- Liaising with and communicating all relevant information to the Front Office team and to other departments
- Ensuring that all security procedures are followed in relation to cash, keys, guest security and privacy
- Handling requests and complaints
- Maintaining a consistently high standard of accuracy when inputting information into the hotel's computer systems
- checks all reservation discrepancies, posts charge and generates folios, updates housekeeping status and closes cash counters. Ensure that all cash, cheque, credit card, room charge, and chargeback payments have been posted correctly. Accurately identify any discrepancy which exist between revenue and payments.
- Complete the night audit reporting requirements accurately.
- Time Management
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have customer service experience?