Mechanical Design Engineer
Advertiser: Fresh Perspective PeopleMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Oct 2019
- Hawkes Bay, Napier
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
FPG are a successful market leader that has been supplying the world's food service industry with innovative and technically smart display cabinets for over 30 years. To achieve the best, they attract the best people and have created a strong, collaborative team with best-in-class operations and innovative, first-to-market solutions. It's no wonder their customers enjoy such a positive and loyal relationship with FPG.
About the Role
You will work on a variety of new product features and functionality as well as adapting existing food-display cabinet designs.
Reporting to the Production Engineering Supervisor you will:
- Be part of the Production Engineering Team delivering quality solutions for customers
- Develop temperature-controlled food-display appliances from design concepts into manufacture process ready
- Adapt existing displays and originate new product features and functionality
- Provide effective design solutions for complex issues
To be successful in this role you must enjoy working as part of a team, using the strengths of the team to speedily produce quality and compliant solutions. FPG have the reputation of being first to market with innovations and this comes from a team who are smart, capable and work together to make things happen fast!
A curious mind and a desire to find smarter ways to solve problems will be an asset, whilst still maintaining an understanding of the impact of design changes to a whole project. Solid knowledge of manufacturing and construction materials and processes, including eco-friendly options and sheet metal production is essential.
You'll also need:
- Advanced skills in SolidWorks design software
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- 2–5 years Product Development experience
- The ability to solve complex design challenges
- Knowledge of materials and regulations
- The ability to interpret internal clients' ideas
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
If you want to work for an exciting, innovative global business and be part of a team that leads the world in design engineering for the food-service industry, this could be your chance. You will have real opportunities for variety and career growth.
Please apply now, including a cover letter and CV with your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Jude Reynolds on 022 676 0837.
Please note: You must be a Permanent Resident or NZ Citizen in order to apply for this role.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
- How many years' experience do you have as a mechanical engineer?
- Have you completed a qualification in mechanical engineering?
- What's your expected annual base salary?