Mitre 10 Cup Head Coach
Advertiser: Counties Manukau Rugby Football Union Inc.More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Oct 2019
- Auckland, Papakura & Franklin
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sport & Recreation, Coaching & Instruction
A great opportunity has arisen for a Head Coach to lead the union’s Mitre 10 Cup coaching team. As part of the role, the Head Coach will be expected to support the growth of rugby in the Counties Manukau region.
Counties Manukau Rugby Football Union was formed in 1955 and encompasses a very large catchment area which includes Manurewa Rugby Club in the north and extends down to the Te Kauwhata Rugby Club in the south. The region also spans from Waiuku Rugby Club in the west to Beachlands Maraetai Rugby Club in the east.
Counties Manukau Rugby Football Union is the guardian of our national provincial teams (the Steelers and the Heat) as well as community rugby in the region. Counties has a storied history involving several iconic legends of the game such as Jonah Lomu, Joeli Vidiri, Tana Umaga, Sonny Bill Williams, Bruce Robertson and Andy Dalton. Counties won the Ranfurly Shield in 2013 and has participated in the premiership division of the Mitre 10 Cup over the last six years.
The Steelers finished seventh in the premiership this year and will be participating in the championship in 2020. The priority of the Head Coach will be to build a top quality, sustainable high performance rugby programme that produces athletes and a team that is capable of winning the championship and re-establishing Counties Manukau Rugby amongst the leading rugby unions in the country.
The purpose of the Union is to build community engagement and participation, create rugby pathways, and deliver top quality rugby programmes. Our ambition is to be a centre of excellence with regard to the delivery of rugby.
The main priorities of the Head Coach role are to:
- lead, and be responsible for all aspects of, the Mitre 10 Cup campaign including, but not limited to, preparation and management, selection plan, and a periodised coaching and training programme;
- lead the squad selection management, the coaching strategies, values, standards, principles and mind-set for the coaching staff and players; and
- lead the technical and tactical coaching to individual players, mini-units and the team.
In addition, the Head Coach will be expected to work with the Union’s chief executive officer and members of the high performance unit to:
- establish and implement an effective development pathway, selection process and succession plan for the players, coaches, managers and trainers in our region which ensures that our best personnel coach, manage, train and play in our representative teams; and
- create and oversee a very innovative and high-yielding high performance unit with a productive, accountable and winning culture.
To be considered for this role, the person must be a leader with the necessary skills to drive the Union’s high performance strategic goals in our community. This must be backed up by strong personal qualities and a management style that connects, grows & inspires our people. The person must have excellent rugby acumen and be technically and tactically proficient in all areas of the modern game. We would expect the person to have a minimum of 5 years coaching experience in today’s current performance rugby landscape, preferably in a head coaching role, or an assistant coaching role at Mitre 10 Cup Level (national domestic) or above. The person must also exhibit a passion and desire to connect with our community game.
Expressions of Interest are also invited for the Assistant Coach Roles. The appointment of the Assistant Coaches will be done in conjunction with the Director of Rugby & Head Coach.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE – Friday, 25th October 2019
Please send your expression of interest and CV to the Union's chairman, Craig Carter, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm on Friday, 25th October.