Junior BAS Accountant
Advertiser: Biz Solutions LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 2 Oct 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- $50,000 - $54,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Business Services & Corporate Advisory
Junior BAS Accountant
A vibrant and growing firm in Parnell has a fabulous opportunity for a Junior BAS Accountant to take on an Accounting and Taxation focused role.
We are Proactive, Innovative and Energetic Chartered Accountants and pride ourselves to be one of the leading medium-sized CA firms in Auckland. Our promise to clients is 'that we guarantee client satisfaction on level of competency and service'.
Our clients and staff are the most important part of our business and we highly value their contribution towards the growth of the firm. Our goal for the current financial year is to grow the firm by 25 percent, thus the opportunity for an innovative and confident BAS Accountant to join the team and progress his/her career on the back of a rapidly expanding firm.
This role is available for immediate start.
Brief description/requirements/criteria for the successful candidate are as follows:
- 1 year of experience working for a CA firm preferred, but not essential
- Valid, long term right to work and live in NZ
- High level of professionalism and enthusiasm
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Potential to develop
- Excellent communication skills
- Creative thinkers
- XERO experience is a must
- Social and soft skills with ability to engage in conversations with clients and colleagues
Duties will include:
- Preparation of annual, management and special purpose reports for a variety of entities, small to large organizations
- Compilation of Tax returns, GST, PAYE and other IRD returns
- Bank reconciliations
- Preparation of budgets and cashflows
- Business development and growth focused strategies for clients
- Liaising with clients, IRD and other third parties as and when required as part of the various projects and consultancy work the firm enters into
- Great Career Advancement Opportunities
- Excellent Remuneration and benefits
- A vibrant, friendly, open culture and dynamic work place environment
- A young social team of people to work with, who are all willing to help
- Opportunity to work directly with the Directors and learn from first hand experiences
This is a full-time role for around 40 hours a week.
- Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?
- How many years of public practice accounting experience do you have?
- Do you have professional experience preparing income tax returns?
- What's your expected annual base salary?