Venue Management Accountant
Advertiser: Live Nation Australasia_ConcertsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Oct 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Management Accounting & Budgeting
Spark Arena is proud to be New Zealand’s most dynamic entertainment and sporting venue. Located in central Auckland, we value our great team who deliver unforgettable entertainment experiences to customers all year round.
We’re currently on the search for a full time Venue Management Accountant, based in our Auckland Spark Arena office, reporting into the Venue Finance Manager. The role is within the Live Nation Entertainment Group and will support the Venue Finance Manager with the finance function including effective, timely and accurate monthly reporting for the business. If you're recently CPA or CA qualified, proactive & eager to learn, then read on!
What you’ll be doing:
- Producing monthly management accounts and variance analysis, e.g. P&L, BS
- Preparation of Balance sheet and Bank reconciliations
- Month end support including general, accrual and prepayments journals
- Supporting schedules and workings for monthly returns (GST, Tax)
- Assisting with process improvement activities
- Cashflow and event reporting, including event settlements
- Maintaining Fixed Asset Register
- Processing of AP & AR when necessary
- Co-ordinate processing of fortnightly payroll for casual staff and support HR admin
- Preparing weekly supplier payment run
Who and what are we looking for?
- Must be CA or CPA qualified
- Accounting experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management
- Experience with ERP/ accounting systems
- Advanced excel skills
- Adaptable with ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Good stakeholder management skills
- Project / venue accounting experience highly regarded
What do we offer?
- Ticket perks to our events
- Flexible working environment
- Health & Wellbeing activities and programs
- Paid parental and volunteering leave
- Investment in your personal career development and training
- Being part of a global, progressive, innovative and exciting business!
Sound like the role for you? To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter via the apply link. For any questions, get in touch with the Live Nation recruitment team at email@example.com
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Have you completed a certified practising accountant (CPA) qualification?
- Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?