Scientist (Instrument Customisation)
Advertiser: Syft Technologies LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Oct 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Chemistry & Physics
Syft Technologies designs and manufactures state-of-the-art gas analysis instrumentation for trace-analysis markets throughout the world. Our world-leading SIFT-MS technique is the fastest gas analysis technology available, providing real-time analysis to a growing list of industry leaders including Samsung and Ford. Our instruments combine purpose-built hardware and electronic systems, vacuum and pumping systems, as well as the very latest in ion chemistry.
We are seeking multiple Scientists with a background in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physics, or a similar scientific degree to join our Instrument Customisation (P4) team in Christchurch.
Key tasks can include:
- Ensuring that each instrument is calibrated to each customer’s specific requirements.
- Installing application-specific modules into the instruments and testing method performance.
- Debugging instruments to determine the cause of performance issues and working with production teams to resolve said issues.
- Performing QA checks on each instrument prior to shipping.
- Assisting other areas of the business as required.
Due to the nature of the work, our ideal candidate is a practical individual who has experience in a similar role, and/or a qualification in a field such as chemistry, biochemistry, physics, or similar scientific degree. These are not your typical lab tech roles as they include a mixture of both hands-on technical work, alongside a high degree of analytical thinking and problem-solving.
You'll have excellent attention to detail, a can-do-will-do attitude, and be comfortable working through complex problems requiring a high level of analytical thinking. Above all, you'll take initiative and have a willingness to learn.
These are full-time, permanent roles located at the Syft Technologies production office in Middleton, Christchurch. We have a fun, flexible working environment, and a positive culture focused on being active and social.
If this sounds like you, please click the APPLY button and attach your resume and cover letter.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?