Technical Project Manager - hardware/electronics
Advertiser: Wellington Drive TechnologiesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Sept 2019
- Auckland, Rodney & North Shore
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering
Wellington Drive Technologies is a high-tech manufacturing company with a global footprint.
Our equipment monitoring and proximity marketing solutions are used by major food and beverage brands worldwide. Wellington has offices in 10 countries and conducts R&D from its headquarters in Auckland, New Zealand, and turns over $50M (and growing) from its family of hardware and software products.
As the world moves ever faster to a digital future, Wellington's business is further evolving to support the changing needs and priorities of its broadening customer base.
We are now looking for a Technical Project Manager, with strong hardware and electronics experience to provide solid project management skills in leading the project side of a classic project/functional matrix, and to "own" the project planners' process delivery of the projects assigned to them.
- Track record of success from project inception to final close out. Therefore, by nature, you will be a finisher rather than a starter, and have a strong operational orientation.
- In parallel, you will also need to be comfortable with the uncertainty and fluidity typical of early stage R&D.
- Hardware and electronics project management experience in best practice environments with the ability to adapt best practice to the Wellington Drive environment.
- An informed technical understanding of Hardware, power electronics and firmware. A good working knowledge of common physics would be an advantage.
- Strong detail and procedural orientation, combined with the ability to maintain a strategic overview.
- Ability to cope with the fluidity and sometimes limited support systems.
- Persistence, and the willingness and ability to push through change.
- High level ability to communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing. Competence in other languages would be an advantage.
- It goes without saying that the successful candidate will be a good team fit and someone who can earn peoples' respect.
What you need:
- 7+ years' experience leading product development projects, either as a team leader or as a technical project manager with an emphasis on hardware/electronics.
- Experience in electronic, firmware, mechanical product development - the majority being in volume manufactured products.
- Project and program management experience.
- Experience in leading cross-disciplinary teams.
- Experience in "mains powered devices" will be an advantage.
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally.
- Essential: BE/BSc in mechatronics or electronic engineering.
- An IT qualification would be acceptable if backed up by extensive hardware experience.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, a flexible work environment working as part of a high performing team, and the chance to participate in creating a cleantech success story.
Important: Applicants must be available for interview in Auckland, and legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
For further information about the company, visit www.wdtl.com.
To apply, please use the "Apply" link or contact Clare on email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a project manager?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a qualification in engineering?
- Have you completed a qualification in electronics engineering?