High Country B&B Assistant Manager CouplePrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Sept 2019
- Canterbury, Rest of Canterbury
- Work Type
- Hospitality & Tourism, Management
A High Country Bed and Breakfast Retreat
Assistant Managers Contract Position
We seek an enthusiastic and motivated couple to become assistant managers at an idyllic rural setting in the South Island.
The Assistant Managers will assist with the operation of this Boutique High Country Bed and Breakfast retreat.
This property has up to 10 en-suited guest suites.
The role is varied and will entail assisting the Managers with:
- General day to day operation of the business and the property
- Ensuring preparation of the property for guests to a high standard
- Managing and operating the guest booking system and booking channels
- Managing and processing guest payments
- Managing orders with suppliers and contractors
- Management and maintenance of the property buildings on a regular programme including gardens, grounds, and lawns to a high standard
- Management of an approved budget for the property
- Providing guests with an experience that exceed their expectations
The successful applicants will have:
- Experience in breakfast preparation (including continental and cooked breakfast)
- Experience in property maintenance (including painting, cleaning, water blasting, and mowing)
- Impeccable skills in customer service
- Well-developed PC literacy - proven skills in Microsoft Office and Reservation software
- An understanding of NZ as a product and destination
- Strong skills in relationship building and people management skills
- Ability to work weekends and after hours
- Have initiative, be trustworthy and able to work independently
- Have good practical skills
- An understanding of the Health & Safety at Work Act 2015
This position is a full-time contract position and is hands-on. You will work alongside the lodge managers who are also hands-on and working within the B&B as well as on the maintenance of the property.
This position would ideally suit a hard-working energetic couple from a hospitality and building/maintenance background. This couple will have a ‘can-do’ attitude with the ability to complete any task no matter how big or small.
This position includes the use of accommodation on site.
#Couple #Caretaker #Lodge #BedandBreakfast
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- How many years' experience do you have in the hospitality & tourism industry?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?