Logistics Officer - Fixed Term
Advertiser: James & SonMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Sept 2019
- Wellington, Hutt Valley
- Work Type
- Administration & Office Support, Other
About the business
James & Son (NZ), is part of the Castlegate James Australasia Pty Ltd Group, with a heritage dating back to the United Kingdom in 1850. For more than 165 years we have been a leading processor of consumer food-based co-products into high quality, nutritionally balanced animal feed supplements.
About the role
An opportunity has arisen for a Logistics Officer within our Upper Hutt team. This position offers a unique opportunity to gain experience within the agricultural sector while assisting the team through a particularly busy time.
This vacancy is a three month fixed term position to cover extended leave of current team members during a busy time in the business. The role will initially be 1-2 days per week in October 2019 moving to five days per week for November and December 2019.
Skills and experience
The successful applicants' key responsibilities will include:
- Verifying and processing orders, ensuring accuracy and timeliness
- Liaising with field staff, suppliers, manufacturers and transport companies to ensure orders are fulfilled
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues relating to orders.
- Other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time
To be the successful applicant you will have:
- Strong attention to detail and very high levels of accuracy of input
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to resolve issues in a professional manner
- Very good computer skills, including well developed Microsoft Office and (ideally) MYOB EXO skills
- Ability to manage time and to plan and organise work to achieve specific objectives within specific deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment in a busy office
You must already be able to work in New Zealand.
If you have the self-motivation, confidence and skills required to succeed in this role, then we would love to hear from you.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have experience in a data entry role?