Flight Mission Co ordinator - air ambulance
Advertiser: NZ Air Ambulance ServiceMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Sept 2019
- Hawkes Bay, Napier
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Aviation Services
We are offering a role that is dynamic, challenging and the opportunity to make a difference in our patient's lives!
Full time air ambulance Coordinator – Napier
- Key Role Coordinating Air Ambulance and Commercial Missions
- Liaise with DHBs, Assistance Companies and Medical Teams
- Travel bookings, administration tasks and assisting the MD
- Gaining admission for our international patients.
Based at Auckland International Airport and Hawkes Bay Airport we are New Zealand's largest aeromedical service in the country, operating our own fleet of aircraft for inter hospital transfers, and we are the only fully accredited international jet service retrieving critically ill patients throughout the South Pacific.
Our services are provided 24/7, and our mission coordination ensures smooth execution of bed to bed transport.
We are seeking a suitably experienced candidate to join our team on a permanent basis. A nursing background or medical reception background is advantageous.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Obtaining medical and logistical information from referring facility and relaying details to duty crews
- Determining and activating the most appropriate aircraft and crew including fixed and rotary wing
- Organising ground ambulance transport logistics, companion/relative travel as appropriate
- Monitoring flight progress updating ambulance communications and stakeholders regarding incoming flights, patient clinical status and logistics
- Coordinating multi-stop flights including overnights to international destinations for air ambulance movements
- Reporting service failure deliveries
- Prioritising cases in consultation with the NZAAS Director and Medical Director
- Progressively entering case information into the company's database system including ground handling and ground ambulance information for airports worldwide
- Liaising with the treating facility, accepting facility and family members throughout a mission
- Quoting for commercial, domestic and international missions ensuring medical appropriateness, client specific considerations and cost effectiveness
- Flexibility around rostered hours and on call hours
Candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent time management skills
- Full drivers license
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team with exceptional communication skills
- Proven problem solving skills
- High level of professionalism at all times when dealing with clients
- Proficient use of word and excel
- A high degree of maturity, stability and self-confidence, able to work productively in pressurised environment with a positive attitude
- Ability to focus on client needs and satisfaction
- Cultural awareness
If you would like to be part of our team, please attach your CV with a covering letter addressing the role's essential criteria to the Seek ad.
Please note the role includes working from your home.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
- Are you available to work on a rotating roster?